The Fall 2018 Dell bulk buy period for UMD institutional purchases is October 15 through December 7, 2018. Dell has created a special website for this bulk purchase timeframe; registration on the site is not required. The bulk discount is 5 to 7% off on select configurations. Bulk buy pricing is displayed online so that you can proceed directly to ordering once you have configured your items and saved them as an e-quote.
To complete the bulk buy ordering process:
- Starting October 15, 2018 go to the UMD Dell Bulk Buy site. The top portion of the site will display “UMD College Park Fall '18 Bulk Buy.”
- Choose items from the “Standard Configurations” list to receive the bulk discount.
- Save as an e-quote.
- Please name the order with your college and department name.
- Please include contact and shipping information as well as your email address.
- NOTE: Your e-quote may reflect “estimated tax.” This should be removed during the checkout process.
- Record your e-quote number(s).
- Proceed directly to ordering the e-quote.
- Order the equipment via the Dell Master Contract by using a master contract release or departmental p-card. In the tax exemption section, be sure that the “I am tax exempt” radio button is selected before submitting the order.
- The master contract procedures are available online. A UMD Directory ID and password is required to access this page.
- All orders MUST be processed by Friday, December 14, 2018. To assure that your e-quote will be processed by the end of the bulk buy, please complete purchases by Friday, December 7, 2018.
Margi Rodriguez (512.513.3891, Margaret.Rodriguez@Dell.com) from Dell is the central point person for questions about items on the Dell bulk purchase site as well as status of the orders. Additional configurations and peripherals are available through the bulk buy; you may reach out to Margi if you would like a quote for an item not included in our standard configurations.
Please contact Michael Hooker at Terrapin Tech (301.405.3028, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need any assistance with your Fall 2018 bulk buy order.